POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : additional focal blur related option in camera : Re: additional focal blur related option in camera Server Time
17 May 2024 04:45:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: additional focal blur related option in camera
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 26 Nov 2005 11:05:42
Message: <438887d6$1@news.povray.org>
Raf256 wrote:
> Controling of number of rays is just one of things Im trying to implement
> here.
>
> Thanks, I know about thoes settings, but IMHO they do not work as expected
> in some situations, Im testing it now...

They do, it is just that the statistical methods they are based on are not
easy to understand without some background in statistics (and daily use).
basically, what you are trying to do will not improve things because what
you are trying to do does not fit into the statistical model at all.  You
would end up not taking samples, which would unbalance the distribution as a
whole.  This in turn would create some strong but unpredictable (probably
appearing randomly and visual as noise) bias in the samples.  Obviously this
would make things a lot worse.

	Thorsten